In class today you’re going to play the role of PR Specialist/Communications Strategist/Social Media Marketer.
Having read Jakob Nielson’s articles on “Twitter Postings: Iterative Design” and “Writing for Social Media,” apply your understanding of rhetorically effective tweets to iteratively design a promotional tweet for one of the following people/organizations represented in the news stories below:
- Find your own current event you’re interesting in marketing via Twitter.
- Put Your Phone to Work Doing Some Good
- Science Finds Drinking Alchohol and Energy Drinks Has Same Effect as Cocaine
- Daniels Announces International Engagement Campaign
- Trump’s White House Win to Reshape U.S. Political Landscape
Compose 5 iterations of your tweet (aka 5 “twitterations”). After each iteration, follow up with a brief paragraph explaining what’s good/bad about it and how/why you revised it. When finished, post all 5 tweets and their revision rationales on your blog.
Remember: “The shorter it is, the more important it is to design text for usability.”