For conferences Monday review your Mapping the Problem essay and prepare some written responses to the following questions to help you draft your Infographic:
- Your essay may have many remediation possibilities as an Infographic, but good Infographics achieve the 5-second rule in which their key message is readily interpretable almost instantly. Given your essay’s content, what are the possible key messages you could try to visually communicate in an Infographic?
- For each of those possible key messages, which data/facts would be relevant? What content from your essay would have you to leave out?
- For each of those possible key messages, what additional research might you need to conduct?
- For each of those possible key messages, what overall organizational structure might you use? (See the PDF “12 Types of Infographics” again for ideas.)
- For each of those possible key messages, how would you adapt citation practices?
We’ll discuss your responses to these questions on Monday.
Groups & times:
10:30a–Sanah, Liz, Kristen
10:45–Sri, Nick, Megan
11:00–Jordan, Kelsey, Emily