In a team of three or four, take a look at the following websites listed below. As you do so, ask yourselves, “Do we trust the information provided by these sites? Why or why not? What are the hallmarks of a reliable website?”
- The Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus Site
- Barack Obama Wikipedia
- The World Trade Organization’s Official Site
- Buy Dehydrated Water Site
- Martin Luther King Jr. site
- Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division Site
As you formulate some answers, begin to draft a how-to guide for using the internet, like an Internet for Dummies book. Together compile a list of criteria and critical questions that one should consider and ask as he or she evaluates a web source.